Wednesday 20 June 2012

lazy cooks everything innit cookies

You know those annoying people who keep cooing to their dogs,talking to them and then telling folks that the animal understands every word.The kind of people who call their pets "baby" and "dumpling".......the kind of people who give you dirty looks when you give dirty looks to dogs.........well I'M one of those!The only reason that I don't have one of my dogs as my profile pic...is ..because I'm SURE  some smartass is going to comment that they always knew I was a bitch!So to prevent unplesantness..the pic remains mine! But....my precious ones do manage to come into the frame now and again.
Sometime back I mentioned that Caspar (my white spaniel)had been put on a diet by the vet........anyway a couple of months down and our friend weighs the same ..if not just a wee bit more......Since our man couldn't have the regular cookies...I made these "healthy" ones for him n me!My kids stick to their chocolate chip and variations of chocolate chip....these were made for my baby n me!
INGRDS
1 cup wholewheat flour(atta)
1 cup oats
1 cup dates-chopped
1/2 cup milk pdr
1/2 cup grated coconut.
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
100 gms butter
1 egg
1 tsp cinnamon pdr
1 tsp flaxseed pdr(optional)
METHOD
1.With an electric beater,beat the butter and sugar till soft and fluffy....add the egg...now topple everything else into the bowl.Beat till mixed.
2.Butter a baking tray,put spoonfulls of the mix,press down lightly with a fork.
3.Bake in a preheated 190deg oven for 12-15 mins.
4.Enjoy!
NOTE
This is not my own invention ....this is from an old magazine....and its really good....IT IS NOT A DOG BISCUIT.Its a regular cookie..:) 

28 comments:

  1. Oh poor Caspar! My Goldy loves fresh home made cookies too.He will not touch a morsel of store bought ones but can wolf down a whole batch of the oats cookies I bake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crispy crunchy looking cookies..

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this doggie ooops crunchy cookies;; ;;)manisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look quite inviting these little cookies. Love the doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Simran ,

    looks crispy and delicious...

    Keep on Simran:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very healthy cookies, and I like the name you have given it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love the people like you who love and adore their dogs... I too did till I realised I'm allergic. But I still play with them once in a while...

    The cookies are really nutritious... and LoL to the dog biscuit clarifiaction. I was actually laughing throughout I read the post...

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry for Caspar.. I adore those people like you who loves their pet. this cookies looks just fabulous and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha ha, loved this post, especially the initial part, awesome!! although i am pretty sure that i cannot prepare these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, even if they were a dog biscuit I think I would have prebably eaten them. They look very good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy n delicious cookies....yum

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply inviting and delicious cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Simran ,

    one request to you Simran ,

    I posted a guest post at Lavanya's blog.

    Do drop a comment at Lavanya's recipes....

    thank you Meghana and Keep on:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made the post so interesting...
    Nice recipe too..thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hollar to the dog lover!! I am like that too:-)BTW, the way you cook such yummy dishes, you are not lazy!! LOL! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love to add walnut to all my cookies n cakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had three spaniels too. One died early this year and one few years back so we are left with one. I love dogs too.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. sooo cute & yummy recipe..awesome presentation..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know right from the beginning the way you were bad mouthing dog lovers, I had a sneaky suspicion that you maybe one of them and right I proved myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This video post is in fact wonderful, the sound quality and the picture feature of this video post is really amazing. http://www.exoticcarrental305.com

    ReplyDelete